Newer ThreadOlder Thread

Thread is locked

What I meant was Madmonk showed me some stuff when I was working on them, but in the end I changed them to be different.
This game deserves a better class of noob... and I'm going to give it to them.
Quote from [*BiO*]blahdy:
Quote from Xema1994 (web):
Quote from [*BiO*]blahdy:
- Restricted unit pathing system for specialized map-based units
For what purpose? What units?

For naval units :)

Damn. That's something I never expected.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Quote from [ISS~]Can-O'-Worms:
I am just going to say one thing, this post very much felt like a pump for MW mod. It is a good mod but when you keep pushing all the things you have done it starts to seem like you keep pushing your mod. Also
iPhone 3G the Operation Dark Storm trailer is going to be much better than that, and I am now working on it so you insulting the mod is like insulting me.
Can of worms, if you have problem with this post sound like pump for MW mod, then shut up, CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD. Ohhh wait you do have your own thread... its just no one ever looks at it...
Nobody on Massgate is preventing YOU from promoting your mod. Instead you guys resort to "blahdy is arrogant fuckstick", yea nice way to promote ODS.

and yes we are very sorry for insulting you, its just that madmonk bailed out of a downed AC 130 (wait did u guys copy that too....) when he felt that he is not the most popular modder in the wic community.

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Jul 31, 2010 21:29 by [501VF]repcommando37.]
Why the heck is this happening, this is the last thing the modding community needs.

I really don't know the beef between Blahdy and Monk, and nor do I want to know or get involved.

I never noticed any "mod wars", cause I've been giving my .mrbs to anyone who wants them.

I think maybe that Monk's post was just a sarcastic post, I don't think he's serious, cause he's never blown up at any modder before.

As for the "copying" issue, I really think that is irrelevant, because much of it was always suggest since the early days.

Rep and iphone, can you be a little easy on Worms, he really means no trouble he just wants to make a mod.

So please you guys lets just stop this nonsense fighting when we all are here cause we like WiC. So please stop the copying charges, we just all have a common idea.

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 01, 2010 01:42 by ^KRIG^Spector1.]
Quote from ^KRIG^Spector1:
I really don't know the beef between Blahdy and Monk, and nor do I want to know or get involved.

clearly you don't know. so as you said, do us all a favor and don't get involved in this.

I think maybe that Monk's post was just a sarcastic post, I don't think he's serious, cause he's never blown up at any modder before.

tension between blahdy and madmonk has been building up for a while. everything was on down low until madmonk decided to pop the spoiler last night.

As for the "copying" issue, I really think that is irrelevant, because much of it was always suggest since the early days.

Rep and iphone, can you be a little easy on Worms, he really means no trouble he just wants to make a mod.

you have no idea about the copying charges and yet you are injecting yourself into this discussion offering your ignorant opinion. why do you even comment on the issue of copying when you don't even know wtf it is all about? since you have no @#$%& idea about what's going on behind the scenes, advise you stay out of this discussion and mind your own business.

if you have anything else to add with actual factual understanding behind the circumstances, feel free to do so. if you don't, do us all a favor, send us a PM and learn what the hell is going on before you offer your opinion on this topic.
WiC MW Mod
We balance the game with more realism™

[www.wicmwmod.com] - [www.moddb.com]
Thanks for the post Spector. :)
This game deserves a better class of noob... and I'm going to give it to them.
Why the heck is this happening, this is the last thing the modding community needs.

Quite indeed.

So please you guys lets just stop this nonsense fighting when we all are here cause we like WiC. So please stop the copying charges, we just all have a common idea.

You're contradicting yourself Spector. At first you talk about the fact that you don't know about the issue you're talking about, then you are offering an opinion on an issue you don't know about?

Sounds to me like you just want to jump into the party like as if you are some kind of neutral mediator.

We don't need any of that, all it's going to take is for everyone to shut up and stop talking about this issue, and it will die out.

Stop injecting your opinion especially on topic you have no idea about, it only fuels the flames.
WiC MW Mod

[www.wicmwmod.com] - [facebook.wicmwmod.com]
wait...

I hear someone charging a troll la-zer
Cool Guy represents the freedom to pursue life, liberty and justice
Quote from [`.-.]Chewy62:
wait...

I hear someone charging a troll la-zer

Looks like we've found the Kruelgor, Inc. for mod making forums.
WiC MW Mod

Quote from iPhone 3G:
mind your own business.

Yeah cause clearly Madmonk said your name when he was criticizing Blahdy, and he was blaming Rep aswell right?

I sense Hypocrisy.

Fine I'm sorry I didn't say "I'm adding my Opinion" cause I guess now I am by saying this.

You're right I don't have the issue of having people copy, cause I could care less if people used my stuff without my permission, if its all for the benefit of the modding community so be it. Yes Blahdy that means if I said you can't use my models, you could use them anyway.

Sure I may not have $$$ models on the line (they are good though), but my infantry models are still pretty rare to come across, I think the only guy who would know how to do it would be Tevkid.

As for the topic I can have an opinion, 1. I am a modder from the 2nd Generation (with very limited released material yes) and 2. Its the forums.

Yes I have expressed my opinion.

[Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at Aug 01, 2010 05:33 by ^KRIG^Spector1.]
As for the topic I can have an opinion, 1. I am a modder from the 2nd Generation (with very limited released material yes) and 2. Its the forums.

4th generation tbh.

Responding to your new edits:
You're right I don't have the issue of having people copy, cause I could care less if people used my stuff without my permission, if its all for the benefit of the modding community so be it. Yes Blahdy that means if I said you can't use my models, you could use them anyway.

Sure I may not have $$$ models on the line (they are good though), but my infantry models are still pretty rare to come across, I think the only guy who would know how to do it would be Tevkid.

Your inf models are good Spector, but we outright disagree on the copy aspect.

We don't have problem with people copying and using our ideas -- as long as they ask us for it first and that we are aware of you using them.

If you told me we cannot use your models, we will have no choice but to remove them, it is simply our mod making policy. You may think it is silly, Madmonk clearly thinks it is silly, but that is the way MW mod as a team operates between 5 of us working on the project. We don't use content that was made by someone else and that he doesn't want us to use.

In contrast to your views, simply outright reverse-engineering + copying w/o asking for it in the first place is not appreciated. Then when the same person that engages in this activity goes on a rampage and attacks me in publicly that's been totally uncalled for, none of us here are going to sit here without sending a response. If I were to explain this on your terms, it would be equivalent to me using your infantry models then writing up a forum post personally attacking you, while using the very content you've created for my own benefit.

It's a difference of approach to modding. Your views on copying for common good is not the same view that I and the rest of mw mod team have. If people have problem with this, that's ok go ahead and create your own, but don't copy our stuff without even asking, then insult our work while doing the copying.
WiC MW Mod

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 01, 2010 05:53 by [*BiO*]blahdy.]
I'm not 4th Generation, my work was released in the 4th Generation, but I've been modding since 2008, but I asked most of the confusing questions at the time in 2009, I asked alot back then.
I am sorry to some extent of the stray bullets that are being shot at innocent bystanders, but when you volunteer to take bullets and exchange fire, its inevitable that some casualties will occur.

Also this masturbation for the better mod started about 7 months ago. MW Mod has not incriminated or violated any peace treaty during these 7 months. We have stood by our beliefs of bringing licensed, aproved, and balanced gameplay to the players of World in Conflict. We continued to stand by our moral code of conduct until MadMonk decided to give the final lick and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the orgasm has erupted.

I personally have nothing against you spector and can of worms, but I do have a problem with the way Operation Dark Storm runs. I do not appreciate how our ideas and innovations are being deliberately copied with no permission granted. Despite the fact that ODS will probably not redo their reverse engineering of MW Mod, the majority of all players will automatically know which mod is the original.

So let us have peace and let Democracy prosper, may the best mod win :)
Quote from [501VF]repcommando37:
So let us have peace and let Democracy prosper, may the best mod win :)
whoa whoa whoa! Whats this tomfoolery??!!
But on a serious note, We really don't need this modding flame war as RangerPL stated earlier. Come on guys. Shake hands and make up. For the sake of the community.
I personally have nothing against you spector and can of worms, but I do have a problem with the way Operation Dark Storm runs. I do not appreciate how our ideas and innovations are being deliberately copied with no permission granted

yea isn't it funny that these so called "2nd generation" modders are preaching us about how everything we spend time to make for wic must somehow automatically become property of the community for the "common good" and that everyone can just rip it all off as if it is their automatic right.
sounds like Barrack Obama and Karl Marx communist forces are at work in wic modding.

let me remind you of little known facts when it comes to how our mod differs from these "2nd generations":

1. Pursuant to world in conflict End User License Agreement and Massgate Acceptable Use Policy, the custom content made by the MW Mod Team belong exclusively to, including its copyright and fair-use principles: (a) the MW mod team itself and (b) Ubisoft, who owns the copyright to franchise.

in other words, as far as we are concerned, by default, only we ourselves and ubisoft hold right to the content we create for wic. We are not obligated to somehow "share" this content for the "common community good" and will not do so, so quit lecturing us about communism and "for the community" nonsense, just cut the crap.

2. notwithstanding the above statement, we are pleased to help other modders. if you want to use our content, code, technology, model whatever the hell you want to call it, fine. CALL US AND ASK FOR PERMISSION. not only will we will provide them to you, we'll @#$%& sponsor it up, help you use our stuff and put up a nice show of graphics and help make your mod a kick-@#$%& one. hell, if there is anything we got plenty of, that's dedicated servers, we'll put one up for your mod too and everyone's a happy @#$%& family, right? But wait, according to madmonk, blahdy is a fuckstick and we are evil capitalist enterprise hell bent on sucking off of ubisoft (who doesn't even talk to us btw).

really, it's not that hard of a concept to understand. you guys could have created much bigger mod by working with us. instead, you just got @#$%& that nobody plays no hope anymore then pressed on blahdy to turn over his secrets over xfire so you can duplicate it and copy off every idea from MW mod.

i think in light of these events, it's clear that damage has been done and it will take a while before we even bother to say hi to anyone at ODS. this is my closing argument and i'm signing off.
WiC MW Mod

[www.wicmwmod.com] - [www.moddb.com]

[Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Aug 01, 2010 08:36 by iPhone 3G.]
Quote from iPhone 3G:
I personally have nothing against you spector and can of worms, but I do have a problem with the way Operation Dark Storm runs. I do not appreciate how our ideas and innovations are being deliberately copied with no permission granted

yea isn't it funny that these so called "2nd generation" modders are preaching us about how everything we spend time to make for wic must somehow automatically become property of the community for the "common good" and that everyone can just rip it all off as if it is their automatic right.
sounds like Barrack Obama and Karl Marx communist forces are at work in wic modding.

let me remind you of little known facts when it comes to how our mod differs from these "2nd generations":

1. Pursuant to world in conflict End User License Agreement and Massgate Acceptable Use Policy, the custom content made by the MW Mod Team belong exclusively to, including its copyright and fair-use principles: (a) the MW mod team itself and (b) Ubisoft, who owns the copyright to franchise.

in other words, as far as we are concerned, by default, only we ourselves and ubisoft hold right to the content we create for wic. We are not obligated to somehow "share" this content for the "common community good" and will not do so, so quit lecturing us about communism and "for the community" nonsense, just cut the crap.

2. notwithstanding the above statement, we are pleased to help other modders. if you want to use our content, code, technology, model whatever the hell you want to call it, fine. CALL US AND ASK FOR PERMISSION. not only will we will provide them to you, we'll @#$%& sponsor it up, help you use our stuff and put up a nice show of graphics and help make your mod a kick-@#$%& one. hell, if there is anything we got plenty of, that's dedicated servers, we'll put one up for your mod too and everyone's a happy @#$%& family, right? But wait, according to madmonk, blahdy is a fuckstick and we are evil capitalist enterprise hell bent on sucking off of ubisoft (who doesn't even talk to us btw).

really, it's not that hard of a concept to understand. you guys could have created much bigger mod by working with us. instead, you just got @#$%& that nobody plays no hope anymore then pressed on blahdy to turn over his secrets over xfire so you can duplicate it and copy off every idea from MW mod.

i think in light of these events, it's clear that damage has been done and it will take a while before we even bother to say hi to anyone at ODS. this is my closing argument and i'm signing off.

Dude you need to chill.

1st: I think Monk is First Generation, I'm 2nd /3rd
2nd: Communism?? I'm far from it.
3rd: This is a modding community we don't get paid = no income + no goverment means, we can't put in communism....Save this for another time.
4th: Most of what you are talking mostly applies to models or very specific codes, like MWmod's early warning radar or APS.
5th: You can't control a regular code such as firing arc or flares, I knew about the firing arc since 08, so is it my idea? No cause I got it from someone else.

All I see here is that your P.O.ed cause Monk went on a typing spree towards Blahdy and now you go and criticize a mod that Monk had little to do with.

Worms is not out to copy MW mod and if you think he is, then you must be crazy cause he is just the only one on the mod and its really hard to copy a mod that big.

Seriously, your acting like you own the rights to the majority of coding for WiC or anything that comes within similarity (flares) with Modern Warfare Mod and that is just well....big ego kind of.

I mean think about it, would Tevkid, Sherpa ( Don't think he made a mod, but he gave alot of inspiration for me) , Brisco care if you made something that has something similar to their mod yet you made it yourself?

I mean Tevkid didn't care if I utilized his knowledge to get me started on Noding and I didn't have to ask him permission if I could use his "Technique" in creating new infantry.

Hear me out, I'm not saying that everything in MW mod belongs to us, cause its far from that (Blahdy came up with Radar, APS and even Models, that is his very close creation with etc).

But when it comes to coding that is utilized in Juice maker or simple particle effects and they are not directly copied, you should remember if it wasn't for someone teaching about and helping with modding without needing permission what would the Modding Community be?

Thank you for your time.
All I see here is that your P.O.ed cause Monk went on a typing spree towards Blahdy and now you go and criticize a mod that Monk had little to do with.

Uhm, Monk practically made ODS then passed it onto Worms.

As for your argument on flares Spector, yea simply changing file name makes it different. Nobody here at MW *EVER* had a problem with anyone copying our idea and making similar things, that's been going on for longest time. There is a difference between honest competition and a rip-off. You fail to understand that. You were not in the ODS team nor MW team and participated in making any of these files or 'copied files' that we are alleging, so please, stop acting like you are some judge that we should all listen to, because apparently nobody is and we're not getting anywhere.

Anyhow, it looks like we can spend whole week arguing about semantics of the problem. Bottom line, there will be zero cooperation whatsoever between ODS and MW from point forward, so everyone just chill out and move on. Nothing you guys say in here is going to change what happened.
WiC MW Mod

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 01, 2010 16:41 by [*BiO*]blahdy.]
And that post ends all. I SAY GOOD SHOW MAN! GOOD SHOW INDEED!
Where is Muck when you need him?
zap

I am reachable via massgate message, skype, steam, etc.
massgate community

The Erie Better Beer Bureau

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 08, 2010 18:52 by Shiny^MuckRaker.]

Thread is locked