Here's a python file that let you get access to the juice file for those maps that massive have done, all to make it possibly for us to change game mode the original maps. I have made it so that it only works on massive maps, if you want to use a custom-made map just ask the creator :)

Some names will be lost during the decompilation like the name of perimeter point and fortifications so i create a new server_autogen.py file that use the right names.

Put the anhIce.pyo file in your "World in Conflict ModKit\python\" folder and the start any map
and in the console type:
import anhIce
py anhIce.anhMapIceToJuice( 'do_Xmas' )
or
import anhIce
py anhIce.anhMapIceToJuice( 'ustown3' )
both will decompile the Christmas town map, the juice file will be placed in "maps\ustown3\ustown3.juice"

There is two functions:
anhMapIceToJuice( aMapName, wicedSupport = False ) - decompile one specified map.
anhAllMapsIceToJuice( wicedSupport = False ) - decompiles all the maps.

wicedSupport is if it should create a _SinglePlayerData.juice and a _CinematicsData.juice so that the map can be open in wiced.

Download anhMapIceToJuice - ice decompiler here

The maps can be open in wiced with a little work.

Seattle1 in wiced
Seattle2 in wiced

1.) Extract all maps from the sdf files or just the one you want to open in wiced.

2.) Make sure you anhMapIceToJuice or anhAllMapsIceToJuice with "True" as a argument, that will create a _SinglePlayerData.juice and a _CinematicsData.juice that wiced will be needing.

3. ) Then copy a metadata folder from a map you have made and rename the _wiced_metadata.juice so its starts with the map name. A tip is to take a metadata folder from an as simple map as possibly so it doesn’t @#$%& up everything :)

Then you should be able to have the map up and running in wiced. However, remember that we do not have all the source file to the maps so there are something that don’t work.

Supported map:
do_SpaceNeedle
as_Dome
as_Bridge
do_Island
do_Hometown
do_Xmas
do_Seaside
do_Farmland
tw_Wasteland
do_Riverbed
tw_Highway
do_Ruins
as_Hillside
do_Riviera
tw_Radar
do_Powerplant
do_Quarry
as_Typhoon
do_Liberty
do_Silo
as_AirBase
do_Vineyard
do_Countryside
Mod to make single player games harder. | Mod to add cheats to single player games.

We know that the faces come and go. So we need to make this mean even more
Every effort made to keep pushing on. Just a promise that we'll be here next year

Champion - Next Year
Put the anhIce.pyo file in your "World in Conflict ModKit\python\" folder and the start any map
and in the console type:

What does this mean? I have all files extracted from sdf... How do I start any map? What program? What console do I use?
where can i faind anhAllMaps file and how to start the game normal or from the mod kit
Quote from Six_Ten:
and in the console type:

What does this mean? I have all files extracted from sdf... How do I start any map? What program? What console do I use?

The decompiler is a python script and you can execute it trough the console inside wic. So start world in conflict and then start a single player map, open the console and it it type:

import anhIce
or
import anhIce
both will decompile the Christmas town map, the juice file will be placed in "maps\ustown3\ustown3.juice"

There is two functions:
anhMapIceToJuice( aMapName, wicedSupport = False ) - decompile one specified map.

wicedSupport is if it should create a _SinglePlayerData.juice and a _CinematicsData.juice so that the map can be open in wiced.
Mod to make single player games harder. | Mod to add cheats to single player games.

Every effort made to keep pushing on. Just a promise that we'll be here next year

Champion - Next Year
Quote from justinas91 (web):
where can i faind anhAllMaps file and how to start the game normal or from the mod kit

anhAllMaps are a functions in the anhIce.pyo file

There is two functions in the anhIce.pyo file:

So its a script not a mod.

Champion - Next Year
what program to use that i cud edit the anhIce.pyo and change in it anhAllMapsIceToJuice( wicedSupport = False )
second how to onpen the games console
what program to use that i cud edit the anhIce.pyo and change in it anhAllMapsIceToJuice( wicedSupport = False )

To open the console you need to right-click the shortcut icon to WiC you (hopefully) have on your desktop and choose Properties. In the target field you see there you add " -console" after the text in the target field. It will look for example like this: "C:\Program Files\Sierra Entertainment\World in Conflict\wic.exe" -debug -console

When you have started a map in wic open the console by pressing the button right next to “1” and above the tab button (I know this button probably have a name or five, but there is, as you probably know, no keyboard standards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout )

anhIce.pyo is a compiled python file and you should not edit that one. If you want to decompile all maps with wiced support, in the console you have to write:

py import anhIce
<press enter>

now write:
py anhIce.anhAllMapsIceToJuice( True )
<press enter again>

Now it should create all the juice files and stuff, it can take a little while.

Champion - Next Year
I keep trying but it isn't working, are these instructions right? I'm just trying to decompile the as_Dome map. I've extracted the files from the sdf but when I input the second command I just get a py failed message.
Quote from A New Hope (web):

To open the console you need to right-click the shortcut icon to WiC you (hopefully) have on your desktop and choose Properties. In the target field you see there you add " -console" after the text in the target field. It will look for example like this: "C:\Program Files\Sierra Entertainment\World in Conflict\wic.exe" -debug -console

When you have started a map in wic open the console by pressing the button right next to “1” and above the tab button (I know this button probably have a name or five, but there is, as you probably know, no keyboard standards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout )

anhIce.pyo is a compiled python file and you should not edit that one. If you want to decompile all maps with wiced support, in the console you have to write:

py import anhIce
<press enter>

now write:
<press enter again>

Now it should create all the juice files and stuff, it can take a little while.

Do you have to have the Modkit to do this?
Yes, you have to have the mod kit. Just a heads up, after 40 minutes of work, I got the

py anhAllMapsIceToJuice( wicedSupport = True )

command to work. Remember, don't open WiCEd as you normally would. Instead, create a shortcut to the wic.exe in your modkit directly, load it up, open a map, and follow the instructions.
World in Conflict Level Designer: New assault map "as_Beachhead" coming eventually...
Attempting to open newyork1 caused my editor to error several times and then crash, if anyone was able to open this map, and could provide me with the script files ( as thats all i want, so i can see how it was done ) i would be greatful
This is going to help me so much. Virshia, get over here.
Quote from A New Hope (web):
Here's a python file that let you get access to the juice file for those maps that massive have done, all to make it possibly for us to change game mode the original maps. I have made it so that it only works on massive maps, if you want to use a custom-made map just ask the creator :)

Some names will be lost during the decompilation like the name of perimeter point and fortifications so i create a new server_autogen.py file that use the right names.

and in the console type:
import anhIce
or
import anhIce

There is two functions:

The maps can be open in wiced with a little work.

1.) Extract all maps from the sdf files or just the one you want to open in wiced.

2.) Make sure you anhMapIceToJuice or anhAllMapsIceToJuice with "True" as a argument, that will create a _SinglePlayerData.juice and a _CinematicsData.juice that wiced will be needing.

3. ) Then copy a metadata folder from a map you have made and rename the _wiced_metadata.juice so its starts with the map name. A tip is to take a metadata folder from an as simple map as possibly so it doesn’t @#$%& up everything :)

Then you should be able to have the map up and running in wiced. However, remember that we do not have all the source file to the maps so there are something that don’t work.

Supported map:
do_SpaceNeedle
as_Dome
as_Bridge
do_Island
do_Hometown
do_Xmas
do_Seaside
do_Farmland
tw_Wasteland
do_Riverbed
tw_Highway
do_Ruins
as_Hillside
do_Riviera
tw_Radar
do_Powerplant
do_Quarry
as_Typhoon
do_Liberty
do_Silo
as_AirBase
do_Vineyard
do_Countryside

I'm having some problems it keeps saying "py failed". Do I need to run this from the modkit exe., or from regular wic.exe?

Also that code at the top has me alittle confused as to how to type it.
Do I type: brackets indicate action
import anhIce [enter]
py anhIce.anhMapIceToJuice( 'do_Xmas' ) [enter]

Or do I type it all together on the command line:
import anhIce py anhIce.anhMapIceToJuice( 'do_Xmas' ) [enter]

I may be missing a space somewhere or may be typing it in wrong, could I get some help on this please?
You run it from the modkit exe, and your do it on two seperate lines.

also be aware that even if your converting all maps you MUST load a map first

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Jul 17, 2008 17:28 by Wannabeuk.]
Make sure that

1. you've extracted all the map files into the modkit and

2. your shortcut with "-console" is a short cut to the wic.exe in the modkit (this last point messed me up because I'd been using the shortcut I had for the movie maker which was a shortcut to the wic.exe in the normal game folder).
ahh ok, I didn't extract the map files yet. Doh!!!

Thanks guys
Ok, one more thing. Which sdf are the map files in? I'll post back when I find it, but in case any of u respend quickly, I'll find it quicker.

Edit: found it; wic2.sdf

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Jul 17, 2008 18:20 by -=DRL=-MadMonk777.]
Arg, I'm still having problems. I've been trying to use my monkey brain and figure this out by trial and error, but I'm alittle short on bananas.

Ok, dumb question #1: ok, u say I need to open up a map. In Wiced or wic.exe? Then hit ~~.

Type: brackets indicate action again
import anhIce[enter]
py anhIce.anhAllMapsIceToJuice( wicedSupport[space?]=[space?]False )[enter]

Is this the way I would type it to get all the maps juice? or should I do each map individually?

What will happen if it extracts the juice right? Will it do sometype of extract or loading screen that shows its doing its job?

Any Bananas? Just don't throw monkey turds at me.
Quote from -=DRL=-MadMonk777:
Arg, I'm still having problems. I've been trying to use my monkey brain and figure this out by trial and error, but I'm alittle short on bananas.

Ok, dumb question #1: ok, u say I need to open up a map. In Wiced or wic.exe? Then hit ~~.

import anhIce[enter]

Is this the way I would type it to get all the maps juice? or should I do each map individually?

What will happen if it extracts the juice right? Will it do sometype of extract or loading screen that shows its doing its job?

You MUST use the wic.exe from the modkit
right click > create shortcut
On the new shortcut you just made
Right Click > properties > add -console to the end of the target text
Double click the shortcut

Once ingame, load a map ( and singleplayer map will do )
press ` ( the key to the left of 1 and above tab )
type py import anhIce
press return
type anhIce.anhAllMapsIceToJuice( True )
press return
the game should now lockup for a short time ( this means its extracting the maps )

There will be no other sign that it is running, other than the slowdown/lockup of the game, the completed extractions will be in the modkit folders NOT the editor folders

However i still have failed to open the newyork1 map, causing the editor to crash everytime, is there another way to extract and view the mapcode files?
ahh ok I had it right up to the type py part. I didn't put the py part in. Thanks.

I'd like to look at the New York map too.
Quote from Wannabeuk:
Quote from -=DRL=-MadMonk777:

import anhIce[enter]

You MUST use the wic.exe from the modkit
right click > create shortcut
On the new shortcut you just made
Right Click > properties > add -console to the end of the target text
Double click the shortcut

Once ingame, load a map ( and singleplayer map will do )
press ` ( the key to the left of 1 and above tab )
type py import anhIce
press return
type anhIce.anhAllMapsIceToJuice( True )
press return
the game should now lockup for a short time ( this means its extracting the maps )

There will be no other sign that it is running, other than the slowdown/lockup of the game, the completed extractions will be in the modkit folders NOT the editor folders

However i still have failed to open the newyork1 map, causing the editor to crash everytime, is there another way to extract and view the mapcode files?

Ok this is what I typed and got it to work.
py import anhIce[enter]

Here's something else, I need a tad of help on. I need to create a back up folder for these maps.

Is this jargon for copy the map folder and rename it? Then just rename the name in the wiced_metadata.juice to what the renamed folders name is.
Ok, the matadata folder is in one of the maps you've already made in Wiced. Open up a map folder you already created. Create a copy of the metadata folder. Find the [mapname]_wiced_metadata.juice then rename it to the maps name that u want it to open. Example seattle2_wiced_metadata.juice. Then put this copied metadata folder into the seattle2 map folder.

See, its not so hard. If anything I wish people would over explain stuff.

I wish the surround mesh came with these, those are what I really wanted to get my hands on.
Should I edit anything in the _wiced_metadata.juice? Like, change all the names to the corresponding map name.

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Jul 18, 2008 03:03 by -=DRL=-MadMonk777.]
Import them (you can find them in the surroundmeshes folder in each map's folder). They're numbered to correspond to their positions. The things I want to find are the terrain extensions.
I have downloaded the decompiler and put it in the right place but when I run wic.exe with the end tags (and without) it won't let me start any singleplayer levels or the tutorial, it does the begining cinematic(s) and then goes to the "continue campagn" screen or back to main menu. What happend?

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 05, 2008 03:40 by DDayOmaha.]
all is perfect...I open do_Farmland in wiced but there is no surround mesh.Is there any solution to edit the original map with it surround mesh in wiced?