Ubisoft announces World in Conflict : Soviet Assault for the PC

Today Ubisoft announced that it will publish World in Conflict: Soviet Assault for PC in March 2009. World in Conflict: Complete Edition, the retail version of the much awaited add-on to the critically acclaimed strategy game will include the entire original World in Conflict title, as well as the Soviet Assault add-on and other exciting all-new features.

The teams at Massive Entertainment have worked hard to ensure that they are bringing new original content to the popular World in Conflict brand,” said John Parkes, marketing director at Ubisoft EMEA/ Tony Key senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft North America. “Fans have been eagerly waiting Soviet Assault, and Ubisoft is excited to be able to bring them great new material.
Gearhead
Community Developer
Ubisoft Massive

Jan 22, 2009 09:29

Well... finally. It was already a little bit boring. ;)

Jan 22, 2009 09:43

That's Super!!!! I'am realy happy...

Jan 22, 2009 10:05

YEA!!!! WOOOO!!!! made my day ^^

Jan 22, 2009 10:35

The moment I may get up from my knees, I will hug you till death!!!

Anyone at MSV and Ubisoft.

This saved the year...

;-)

Jan 22, 2009 11:17

Excellent! Made my day also!!! YESSSS!
Badass!

Jan 22, 2009 11:43

Where can i preorder it?
Unterschriftenliste gegen Synchronverbrechen:
[gegen-synchro.de]
"Das größte Problem der Iraker ist der Rentenbeitragssatz im Jahr 2050." Volker Pispers

"In Deutschland gilt derjenige als viel gefährlicher, der auf den Schmutz hinweist als der, der ihn gemacht hat." Carl von Ossietzky

Jan 22, 2009 12:04

what about russian version?

Jan 22, 2009 12:16

Almost blown Activision Blizzard off there socks in anger when they first postponed/stopped it, but reading it will come makes me happy :D

Jan 22, 2009 12:25

OMG!!! :D

Good news indeed!

Jan 22, 2009 12:30

That is awesome! I can't wait for it to come out, I love WiC and this expansion is the best way to get other gamers back in the game and to enjoy it again.

Jan 22, 2009 12:31

At last we reveal ourself to the jedi. At last we will have our revenge

Jan 22, 2009 12:38

I'll be looking forward to the singleplayer ^^

Jan 22, 2009 12:41

HEheehee... Yeah its good news to Wic players and it can bring some more whit that Patch.

Jan 22, 2009 13:06

Some questions:

-New units will be added?

-The mods/maps will work for same place, or a new modkit/maptool is needed?

Thx in advance,

-Gen.Kenobi
Plastic Mod leader
Plastic Mod (in progress): [www.massgate.net]
I'm looking for modelers and mappers !!!!!!!!!!!!! Apyes here: [www.massgate.net]

Jan 22, 2009 13:07

XD XD XD XD . this are the best news from massive since months!! :)

Brigadier General

Jan 22, 2009 13:39

Will the maps still be avaliable for free as MP only, like you folks planned to before all this Sierra -> Activision -> Ubisoft mess?

Good news btw!

Jan 22, 2009 13:42

Hiya,

I know you guys got a lot of questions and we'll try to answer as many of them as we can in the coming weeks =).

But Soviet Assault is coming alright, that's for damn sure!

Cheers
Gearhead
Community Developer
Ubisoft Massive

Jan 22, 2009 14:25

I have a reason to live again! :P

Jan 22, 2009 15:11

Finally!! Me and my clan was already joking that "Soviet Assault will be published RIGHT after Duke Nukem Forever" :D. Awesome, thank you thank you thank you thank you... :P
"Cheers" -[MSV]Gearhead

Jan 22, 2009 15:18

oh beautifull :)

Jan 22, 2009 15:34

HURRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Jan 22, 2009 15:36

so no just soviet assault box?

Jan 22, 2009 15:43

Good news!!
But the price??
I mean how much money do i have to pay in order to get soviet assault??

Not the complete version becouse i already have wic(as you know)
My honor is my life

Jan 22, 2009 15:54

ohwyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Jan 22, 2009 16:08

wiill there be any rootkit progs etcetc?! Cuz ubisoft usually put crap like rootkit progs to prevent ware......... And price? is if it like 60euros like ubisoft games are i wont buy it :P Sierra and 29euros was great <3
Dont worry, Noby is here!

[www.gamersgate.com] -Download games anytime, anywhere!

Jan 22, 2009 16:19

Quote from Noby[«™»]:
wiill there be any rootkit progs etcetc?! Cuz ubisoft usually put crap like rootkit progs to prevent ware......... And price? is if it like 60euros like ubisoft games are i wont buy it :P Sierra and 29euros was great <3

It's an expansion so im sure it wont be to expensive :)

Jan 22, 2009 16:38

Good News!!! THX to the people who make it possible! I can´t wait till March!

Jan 22, 2009 17:33

Can't wait, i still love the old wic but the community is starting to dry and die.
So thx for this great news

Jan 22, 2009 17:42

Quote from [MSV]Gearhead:
Ubisoft announces World in Conflict : Soviet Assault for the PC

Today Ubisoft announced that it will publish World in Conflict: Soviet Assault for PC in March 2009. World in Conflict: Complete Edition, the retail version of the much awaited add-on to the critically acclaimed strategy game will include the entire original World in Conflict title, as well as the Soviet Assault add-on and other exciting all-new features.

The teams at Massive Entertainment have worked hard to ensure that they are bringing new original content to the popular World in Conflict brand,” said John Parkes, marketing director at Ubisoft EMEA/ Tony Key senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft North America. “Fans have been eagerly waiting Soviet Assault, and Ubisoft is excited to be able to bring them great new material.
Mr. Gearhead. Any information on the console versions? I thought we were supposed to get a copy too. :[