Aug 10, 2007 08:30

Since some people have wondered, here they are:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Minimum System Requirements

* CPU: Single-core 2.0 GHz or faster (2.2 GHz for Windows Vista)
* CPU: Dual-core Any Intel or AMD
* RAM: 512 MB (1 GB for Windows Vista)
* Graphics: 128 MB video RAM, DirectX 9.0c-compatible (NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX, ATI Radeon 8500, 9200 not supported)
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Hard Drive: 2.5 GB or more available hard drive space
* Disc Drive: DVD
* Input: Keyboard and Mouse
* Internet play: Cable/DSL or better
* DirectX 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

* CPU: 2.5 GHz or faster
* RAM: 1024 MB (1.5 GB for Windows Vista)
* Graphics: 256 MB video RAM, DirectX 9.0c-compatible
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
* Hard Drive: 2.5 GB or more available hard drive space
* Disc Drive: DVD
* Input: Keyboard and Mouse
* Internet play: Cable/DSL or better
* DirectX 9.0c
Vextor - Community Manager
Massive Entertainment - A Ubisoft Studio

Aug 10, 2007 08:31

Ah Thanks Prolly want to Stiky this
I call dibs on the first spot in the expansion and WiC2 beta

Aug 10, 2007 08:34

Well I have a feeling it's gonna get bumped now and then...

Aug 10, 2007 10:48

Quite right you are formerly pony boy

Aug 10, 2007 10:51

Required systems: working brain, Working hands, Working feet, Working vocal cords + mouth, breathing not required.

Aug 10, 2007 18:47

Vex, any plans on implementing 5.1?

[Shdws]core.- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Required systems: working brain, Working hands,
> Working feet, Working vocal cords + mouth,
> breathing not required.

Additional system requirements: working sarcasm sub-engine in the brain, fast reflexes to dodge my kick to your nads, and a failsafe protective shield over your balls.

Aug 10, 2007 19:38

Both EB and Gamestop says you need 9gigs of HD space for WiC :D

Aug 10, 2007 19:40

i think ive got all of the requirements not sure probally dont but owell

Aug 11, 2007 00:40

Actually those system requirements seem high. I managed to play the beta on lower setting with a few "tweaks" after my memory burnt out I managed to play the game fine with 512MB under Vista.

Ha HA see stickied

Aug 11, 2007 09:53

i just orderd another 2 gig of memory for the game as i want lighting fast loading

Aug 11, 2007 16:19

[n00b]Bird of Prey Wrote:
> Actually those system requirements seem high. I
> managed to play the beta on lower setting with a
> few "tweaks" after my memory burnt out I managed
> to play the game fine with 512MB under Vista.
>
> Ha HA see stickied

Wasn't me! :)

Aug 13, 2007 01:55

I'm running an 1.8 Ghz single-core CPU and it runs ok on medium settings..

Aug 14, 2007 00:03

1.7 ghz here medium settings but lots of smoke lag

Aug 14, 2007 08:17

i noticed there wasn't anything listed about DX10 in there. I was wondering if there were a separate set of recommended specs regarding that (or does DX10 rely solely on your video card for performance)??? As I recall DX10 was consistently much worse frames per second than DX9...

I am sure they have "smoothened" things out, but I sort of wonder how much they can actually improve it when there was such a huge difference in the first place

Aug 14, 2007 08:22

There was an issue with the performance of DX10 on certain cards, nvidia owners should check the new beta drivers that nvidia released with fixes specifically for WiC.

Ati owners: We know there were some issues with the 2900 series but as far as I can recall the developers were looking at that during beta.

Aug 15, 2007 12:28

so r these the requirements for the game or the demo
u can go on [www.nzone.com] and test if your PC can run the game

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 15, 2007 22:46 by Windol (web).]

Aug 17, 2007 18:15

I got a question for you Vextor. One thing I really, REALLY liked about the demo - is my hardware provided "on-crack" speed with WiC - like I really haven't seen for a while with a game (like: load times *FLEW*, startup (and shutdown) was near *INSTANT* and, well - I was quite satisfied with it.

Please PLEASE tell me that Retail's going to keep this up.

T_T

Because it would really suck if it changed.
Hillary blows chunks. Obama 08.

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 17, 2007 18:16 by -=*TsF*=-KyanWan.]

Aug 17, 2007 19:48

Erm... why would they DEoptimize it for the retail? I'm pretty sure it will be the same, if not better. Maybe a little change down, but probably not noticeable. :)

Aug 20, 2007 03:10

I dunno. Bunch of my retail games make you sit through these dang video intro things which I'm too lazy to figure out how to remove.

( Oy, you might have time for it -but- I haven't bothered to reinstall my IM programs for the past 5 years - yes, 5 years. So, lol, I'm too lazy to remove it - because. OK? :) )

Not to mention other stuff that inexplicably goes from running good on my old PC - to running like trash on newer ones with 3X the power of the old one. Someone explain that one for me (lol - seriously though, it's MS's garbage SQL server and some greedy software that's installed.... That same PC plays WiC like a charm - which I like, a lot.)
Hillary blows chunks. Obama 08.

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 20, 2007 03:12 by -=*TsF*=-KyanWan.]

Aug 20, 2007 09:33

Windol (web) Wrote:
> so r these the requirements for the game or the
> demo
> u can go on
> [www.nzone.com]
> home.html and test if your PC can run the game

That was almost a joke. I mean, I like the idea they are trying, but the tester is not quite accurate. Like most system questionnaires, it doesn't take Centrino into consideration. It said my system failed HUGE, but only failed because of my processor. But, Centrino chip set makes my system perform as though it had a P4 at twice the GHz. If you take that into account, my system surpasses (though just barely) the minimum req.s

Actually, it did take into account my rated GHz, but said I failed for being single-core. So, I was wrong about it not considering Centrino properly, but it's wrong on the Min Specs, as far as I can tell. This tester actually does at least look at doubling CPU speed for Centrino. But, it seems to be wrong about dual core as a requirement for minimum specs. And I keep my first paragraph in there to make others aware how a lot of questionnaires ignore Centrino. It's just something to consider if you ever fill something out to get into a BETA. Lie about your processor, and say it's a P4 that's double the speed of your processor when you have a Pentium M Centrino set up.

Yeah, I got kept out of a BETA, I think it was Quake Wars, because of my processor. But, I haven't had a problem with my system running new games yet. Even though it's 2 years old without upgrades besides memory increased. My biggest concern for the near future is my video card. But, I don't consider it worth the expensive for an upgrade. Might as well save money longer and just get a whole new system. By then, Dual Core WILL be a requirement, but I will be purchasing a Quad Core as a replacement.
THE Cor has spoken.
------

My sig is here. If you can't see it, something is wrong with you.

Aug 22, 2007 16:41

if you ask me this is what the specs should have said
these are not offical but only my recommendations, these specs should atleast give you a smooth game experience

DirectX 9.0c Minimum
Any AMD or Intel Dual Core
1GB RAM
10GB free space
128MB DirectX 9.0c graphics card

DirectX 9.0c Recommended
AMD X2 4000+ or higher / Intel Core Duo or higher
2GB RAM
10GB free spcae
256MB DirectX 9.0c graphics card (ati X1600 or higher, nvidia 6600 or higher)

DirectX 10 Minimum:
AMD X2 5000+ or higher / Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher
2GB RAM
10GB Free space
256MB DirectX 10 graphics card (ATI HD 2600 or higher / NVIDIA 8600 or higher)

DirectX 10 Recommended
AMD X2 6000+ or higher / Intel Core 2 duo E6600 or higher
4GB RAM
10GB Free space
512MB DirectX 10 graphics card (ATI HD 2900 or higher / NVIDIA 8800 or higher)

Phenom 9850 - HD 4870 - 4GB PC6400 - 74GB Raptor - Vista x64 | Closed Beta Veteran! [www.massgate.net]

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Aug 22, 2007 16:42 by [TPU!]wiak.]

Aug 22, 2007 17:55

I agree with most of what you say. But, you really don't need 4gbs of Ram to run Dx10. I have 2gbs and it runs without a jolt or skip.

Aug 22, 2007 18:22

[=NEA=]ClamzoniofRI Wrote:
> I agree with most of what you say. But, you
> really don't need 4gbs of Ram to run Dx10. I have
> 2gbs and it runs without a jolt or skip.

i added 4GB for god mesures :P
when you got monkeys to buy a HD 2900 or a 8800 card you should have 4GB RAM ^^
RAM is so cheap nowadays

Phenom 9850 - HD 4870 - 4GB PC6400 - 74GB Raptor - Vista x64 | Closed Beta Veteran! [www.massgate.net]

Aug 22, 2007 20:40

Yah, but I'd rather spend the 100 dollars on 2 new games, then have such an excessive amount of ram. it's not like I need to run a WOW server.

Aug 23, 2007 00:30

While your specs are probably good, your caveat about having a smooth game contradicts what minimum is. Further, though I haven't played the full game and only the tutorial (oh, but replays. Those still require graphics crunching) I am fine without a dual core processor and a 2 year-old video card. nVidia Go 6800. Though, I do have 2 gigs of ram, max for my system. Things ran smoothly for the most part, except for a couple times with things were really hairballing (lots of units fighting in one small spot.) Even then, it was just slight stuttering, not outright chugging. And that was without me adjusting the graphics. I can always turn them down to get smoother play. Won't look pretty, but in competition, I don't care about that. Looking pretty is for machinima.

If things hold up, I'll laugh when I beat some of you you have systems newer and 4 times more powerful than mine. It's happen before, that's why I'm willing to say this. Otherwise, I'm usually careful not to make such boasts.

I remember my friend use to turn his graphics way down for FPS competitions. He was back in Ohio at the time (late 1990s.) He said most of the top competitors he came across did the same thing. I'm willing to do that.

Yes, I want the game to look pretty. But, like I said, I mostly want that for making movies. When it comes to actually playing competitively, I just care about being able to play. Screw any extra shiny stuff. If such things serve to distract those of you with the machines capable of displaying, all the more to my advantage.

[holds belly while chuckling maniacally.]

Aug 24, 2007 21:04

Hey with my specs

Vista
3.2 GHz Pentium D processor
512 GeForce 6600
2GB RAM

can I run the game on high?

Aug 24, 2007 21:20

i have a radeon 9250 will that work? all other thingfs meat the requrirement.

Aug 25, 2007 04:37

Oh great I meet everything but te I own A Radeon 9200 :(

Aug 25, 2007 11:27

3Gig P4,2Gig dual mem,2Hd setup for gaming and a x1600 256mb graca=5fps@800x600 very low setting
I know my graca/sys sucks,but 5fps is :(

Aug 25, 2007 19:23

i see the specs for playing the game but what are the specs for running a smooth dedicated server?