I just got WIC for christmas and havent been able to play more than ten minutes of the game before the game shuts down and says that i dont have enough memory to play and WIC stops responding and shuts down? I have more than half of my hard drive of space with a brand new alienware 7950(vista operating system) with the best of everything and no patches or anything seems to work? My biggest issue is that i have other games that are new as well like UT3 that download to my hard drive and have no issues! I install WIC and there's nothing on my hard drive, instead it downloads into my documents and have to use my cd to play everytime? I disabled everthing from my norton's to my google task bar and i'm running out of option's and starting to get a little pist!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
It's the system memory (or RAM) that is running out, or at least the system deducts that it is running out. There is a hotfix from Microsoft that improves on overall memory usage when playing games under Vista, that could help. [support.microsoft.com]
I'm not sure if this fix has been issued through the Windows Update system already, but if it has then running this patch from the page above will simply inform that the system does not need it.
Vista x64 - E7200 3.8GHz - HD3870 - 8GB RAM
Thanks for the message Kaziglu, i tried downloading the patch and it came back and said that it was not for my system! So i don't know what to do--if anyone else has any ideas please fill me in!!
First off buddy do yourself a favour and get rid of anything norton. Its notoriusly bad, and will really put a crimp on using your system to its fullest. Second if you dont have enough memory 2 things to check ;

System RAM and virtual memory (pagefile).

System RAM is the most crucial of the two. If you want to find out how much ram you have go to control panel and click on "system", this should bring up a small specifications window telling you things like proccessor speed and system ram. WiC needs 2gb of ram to run smooth, it will run with less but might be a lot slower and have issues.

Second virtual memory , otherwise known as pagefile. This you can set and it should help a bit, go to control panel and system again and look on the left side of the page for a "performance" option. There you should find your pagefile options. Set it manually, to around 2gb (2048 mb) maximum and minimum. Then try the game and see if that helps.
Thanks lexandro, i tried everything that you suggested and everthing checks out! My ram is at 2gb and my memory is set at 2047 mb so i dont know what the deal is??? If things dont get better i'll be returning it!! If anyone else has any ideas i'm all ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please open the task manager and post a screenshot of the tab named 'system performance' (or similar, where you see cpu usage and stuff)
Forum 'Ignore' function needed badly!

Quote from [-uM]Gr33n:
Merke ... Eagle hat imma recht es sei denn die sonne steht tief XD

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Dec 30, 2007 23:44 by -=-CfH-=-EagleEye-.]
HELLO every body
i am just upgrading my VGA from ATI 7000 to Axtrom FX 5200 and for examining performance i bought WIC as a gift for him.
currently i am running this game on XP prof. with 256MB,DDR 266 Mhz memory and a 1.7 Ghz celeron CPU.
this game is amazing,although it cost some time for me to tame this game on my ancient system but that worth this amazing gameplay.
memory requirement actuallt is a great matter in recent games and this is largely due to Pixel shader technology.
but with a bit googling and spending some time to know a game system we can bypass many bottlenecks in runnig these damn lovely @#$%&.
Using lower graphics settings would lower the memory usage. That may not sound like fun but it would work for now until you find a real solution to the problem.
hello again
first of all install a fresh copy of XP for your gaming perpouses
second go to Cpanel administrative tool and services
disable every service you dont need,such as indexing,auto update,.... and if you dont want to play multiplayer shut down XP intranetwork and internetwork services too.
reboot and you see this maks alot free ram for you about 75 to 150 in my 256 MB RAM.
second get a habndy software called cacheman XP,ihave version 1.1.2
install it and click autooptimize and it will do the rest or if you want go to cache TAB and assign the XP cach emount nmanually,i give it 35 MB for my little RAM.
reboot again
optional but if you want you can arrange your page file too,others already explained it to you in previous replies.
CTRL+DEL+ALT and go to performance section,there shold be a great amount of your RAM free and a little dedicated to system cach.
go to game and test it under different resolutaions and if you have frame rate problem try selecting low Pixel shader in advanced options
this is the option that will help you most in running smoothly,other options dont affect frame rate considerablly.
i like explosions and in low pixel shading still that is amazing.
but rivers and ocean will be different remarkably in Low VS High pixel shaders.
Or...he could just upgrade his RAM for a cheep-o 30 pounds; get 2GBs and run WiC smooth as silk.
Quote from Jeff2121:
Or...he could just upgrade his RAM for a cheep-o 30 pounds; get 2GBs and run WiC smooth as silk.

The OP has 2gb and still has the problem. Helps to read the replies you know.

@ OP ; Well if its still getting the issues and you have plenty of ram there must be something using up all your systems memory while playing WiC. I suspect norton to be the culptrit, as its known for gaming issues. Disable everything unecessary on start-up by doing a clean boot procedure (google it), if the game runs fine in this mode then there is definately a background process interfearing with WiC. Then its just a matter of trial and error to find the one resposable.
Quote from gacmyver:
reloading resources usually have something to do with the physical RAM. you should probably have around 2gb or more.

and if you're on vista 32-bit, you should probably have around 3gb!! i know this because games with old engines like the witcher or stalker or battlefield2 or, for some odd reason, supreme commander, got this reloading resources thingy... or they just simply crash due to memory leak. or crash when you try to save, or something.

and the way people fix it is to add a bigger memory header to the games .exe file (this you can find as 3g_enabler), and then go as admin onto the commandprompt and write "BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2900" and press enter, then reboot your vista.

now you should be able to play without crashes or reloading resources!

ps. on vista 64 bit you only need to add the address header to the exe, you dont need to do the command prompt thing. google is your friend...
I am getting the same error, and I highly doubt it is my system causing it.

3.0GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB Corsair RAM
Dual EVGA 8800GTS's on SLI
RAID 0 C:\ drive
Vista 64

Any solutions found? And to note, I have essentially nothing running in the background. Including disabling Aero, Sidebar, Defender, Update, Indexing, etc.

I can play sometimes for about an hour, or sometimes not even 20 minutes before it crashing and giving this error. That on top of finally fixing my "Error loading map" problem (delete all user-created maps).
yeah i have 4GB of memory and im getting the error also.... Im running with Vista Ultimate 32 bit and a 9800gtx... wtf is going on!?!?!? AND im getting THE "YOU DONT HAVE THIS MAP" problem @ the sametime... omg... im getting really upset with all of this bs
Yeah, first it took about 8 hours to download and install the game (not my side, I have 12Mbit cable). Then I finally boot the game up to see that there is a patch to install. OK, install the patch. After four failed attempts (Incorrect language, etc with auto-update? WTF?!?!), and about 6 hours later, the first patch was installed. FINALLY!!! I can play my new $40 game... NOPE!!! Another patch to install. You've got to be kidding me! It took two days of downloading, failed downloads, and errors before I got to actually play the game. I can download GB's from other sites at over 3MBps (yes, megabytes)with no problems. Why only here?

Finally in the game, and "You've been kicked due to a vote". WTF again!?! Rejoin, "error loading map..." (took a few days to figure out), random "Connection to server lost", and "Out of system memory, click to close."

I am not too thilled about my experience with this game so far.
Quote from [LANR]Moto214:
I am not too thilled about my experience with this game so far.

Let me clarify: I am not too thrilled about the installation, memory, and other issues. The game itself is incredible! Finally something fun to play, and something that really pushes my system. Not trying to bag on the game, just feel there are still some issues that need addressed. Just got the #009 patch, and nothing about the memory problem.

Still nothing on this? A Google search seems to show that this is a fairly common problem.

Windows Vista 64bit
3.0GHz Core 2 Duo - 1333FSB
4GB Corsair 6400 @ 800MHz
2 EVGA 8800GTS 640MB SLI
EVGA 680i SLI MoBo
30" Samsung 305T LCD @ 2560x1600 res.
2 WD 250GB SATA on RAID0 C:\
2 WD 750GB SATA on RAID1 D:\

[Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Jul 03, 2008 02:44 by [LANR]Moto214.]
Epic bump. 7 month bump lol
Make sure you haven't disabled Windows' Virtual Memory paging file. While it might work while using Vista x64 and 4GB RAM, with other configurations I've seen Vista report low memory and close down applications when all it really wanted was to use the swap a little (before the RAM was really out too).
Quote from Kaziglu Bey:
Make sure you haven't disabled Windows' Virtual Memory paging file. While it might work while using Vista x64 and 4GB RAM, with other configurations I've seen Vista report low memory and close down applications when all it really wanted was to use the swap a little (before the RAM was really out too).

Thank you sincerely for the suggestion Kaziglu; however, I just checked and the paging file is automatically managed and currently at 4393MB. It does actually say "Recommended : 6139MB." Maybe I should bump it up to like 10GB and see what happens. Yeah, I will give that a shot and post back. The problem is pretty regular so that may be fairly soon. =)

Moto
Um wow sounds like you guys have some serious issues. You should have no problems running the game honestly. I run it no problems with the following specs.

Intel Pentium duo 2.0Mhz
265Mb 8600GT
3 Gigs of ram
Vista 32 bit basic
3369Mb paging file

Have you guys deleted any programs not knowing what they were. Or changed anything on your hard drive etc.? Also I have always used Norton, and I have personaly never had a problem with it being a resource hog. I would not worry about that. Maybe try restoring your PC to a later date.
Well, I just went from XP86 to Vista64 about two weeks ago. The only things installed right now are Office 07, WiC, and WWIIOL. So, this is a fresh Vista install with what I consider to be damn good hardware. I have played WWIIOL, COD4, Crysis, MOHAirborne, and Hellgate London for hours without problems. I play WiC and I am guaranteed to have SOMETHING happen if I am playing long enough; whether 10 minutes in, or two hours in.

I just don't understand why it would say I am out of memory when I have 4 gigs. I also have a Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard and can monitor my CPU and RAM while playing. I have NEVER seen my RAM go to 100%. I hardly ever use over 50-55% of my RAM while gaming.

Search Google... this clealy is not an isolated incident.
Windows Vista 64bit || All Stock Clocking
3.0GHz Core 2 Duo || 1333FSB
2 EVGA 8800GTS 640MB on SLI
EVGA 680i SLI MoBo || Rosewill 850W PSU
30" Samsung 305T LCD @ 2560x1600 res. <-- You gotta see this thing!!!
2 WD 250GB SATA on RAID0 C:\ || 2 WD 750GB SATA on RAID1 D:\
Come to think of it, I totally forgot I increased my pagefile size to 10GB a couple days ago. I actually haven't had a problem since, but I haven't really played all that much either.

Hmmm....

I can say one thing: after reading tons of posts, this does seem to be a Vista-only issue; but not specific to 32 or 64-bit.
Windows Vista 64bit || All Stock Clocking
3.0GHz Core 2 Duo || 1333FSB
2 EVGA 8800GTS 640MB on SLI
EVGA 680i SLI MoBo || Rosewill 850W PSU
30" Samsung 305T LCD @ 2560x1600 res. <-- You gotta see this thing!!!
2 WD 250GB SATA on RAID0 C:\ || 2 WD 750GB SATA on RAID1 D:\